Chai Spiced Rice Krispie Treats
These are dangerously good and dangerously easy to make. Fair warning!
It's nearing the end of the year which means fall bake fairs and friendsgiving and potlucks and holiday parties, oh my! Good news- this recipe works for all of those events and more!
As gooey and sticky as these are, I really didn't make much of a mess while making them. That is so rare- I am the messiest in the kitchen. Like way more pots and pans and plates and utensils are used than necessary. But this recipe just needed one large pot, one silicone baking spatula (idk the formal name), and one 9x13 glass dish.
Chai spice is easy to mix but I'm sure you can buy it at the grocery store or a local spice shop. Side note, Penzy's in Atlanta is amazing.
2 teaspoons ground cloves
2 teaspoons ground allspice
2 teaspoons nutmeg
2 teaspoons ground cardamom
3 teaspoons ground ginger
4 teaspoons cinnamon
If you like more of a bite, add more ginger or even some black pepper.
The marshmallows will keep the recipe sweet so don't worry about sugar.
When I get to the bottom of a spice jar I clean it out and save it for occasions like this. After mixing this together in a bowl I used the parchment paper to transfer it to the empty spice jar and I'll continue to use it for baking/ lattes etc until it runs out. The recipe I used makes about 5 tablespoons of chai spice.
I tried to use my (clean) hands to press down the batter/ mold it to the pan and let me tell you- I did not think that through. I got sticky marshmallow crispy rice batter ALL over my hands. But is that really such a bad thing? I just nibbled it off duh.
I'm so excited to make these for friends this season & I'll be taking them into work for sure.
You could wrap them individually in parchment paper and tie with a bow! That would be so cute, I'm going to work on making that a reality.
Make these!! and then tag me on insta @honeyibaked when you do.
1 stick unsalted butter (8 tablespoons)
8 cups brown rice krispies
2 (10 oz) packaged of small marshmallows
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons chai spice
1 (9x13) dish
1. Line your dish with parchment paper ahead of time
2. In a LARGE pot, melt 1 stick of butter over medium heat and let toast for a couple minutes.
3. Turn the heat to medium-low and add in the marshmallows. Stir constantly until melted.
4. Add in the chai spice and vanilla and keep stirring until mixed.
5. Turn the stove to low and add in rice krispies slowly, still stirring.
6. Once the "batter" is fully mixed, transfer to the dish and press down with your stirring spoon to shape.
7. Let sit for an hour at least, then cut and enjoy!