Updated: Aug 17, 2019
I told you it would get spicy...
It all started with an instant pot... LOL my one promise to you people (other than keeping it real freaking tasty) is to not bog up my recipe posts with a novel of a story each time.
But seriously I did get an instant pot and that is why I made these tacos and if you don't have an instant pot you should get on. Not an ad, I'm not famous like that.
These corn tortillas are filled with smashed avocado, shredded chicken and peach pico. I consider myself somewhat of a taco expert so you know they're good. Don't trust me? Try them for yourself. Recipe below.
What you'll need:
-2 chicken breasts
-1 green heirloom tomato, cut into wedges
-2 habanero peppers, diced
-1/2 cup and 2 tbsp green salsa (separated)
-1/2 yellow onion
-a bunch of cilantro
-1 cup dry white rice
-onion or garlic salt
-salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook rice according to package instructions + 1 tbsp of onion/ garlic salt. When it's done cooking, stir in 2 tbsp of green salsa and 1/2 cup chopped cilantro. Keep warm.
2. Add the chicken breasts, 1/2 cup green salsa, 1/2 cup water, and tomato wedges to your instant pot and pressure cook for 13 minutes. Release the steam and let sit covered for 10 minutes.
3. While the chicken is cooking, smash the avocado in a bowl and season with lime juice, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Cut into your peach and pit it like you would and avocado. If this isn't working, just cut it like an apple. Dice the peach, onion, jalapeno and 1/4 cup cilantro. Mix with juice from 1/2 of the lime and salt to taste (a teaspoon should be fine).
5. When the chicken is done, remove it from the pot and shred with a fork or two.
6. Grill or heat up your tortillas so they're warm and soft. Spread a layer of avocado down the center then add shredded chicken and peach pico. Top it off with cilantro if you'd like.
7. Serve with a side of rice and enjoy!
-I use my panini press to heat tortillas.
-The leftover broth would be a good base for soup.
-These pair well with homemade margs, can confirm.
-Leftovers (if you have any) go great as a bowl or wrapped into a burrito.
Let me know if you try this recipe!! Comment below and tag @HONEYIBAKED on insta!